Kujou Sara may have been released alongside a free 5-Star and Raiden Shogun, but don’t dismiss her. Aside from being the ideal DPS/Support hybrid to complement Baal, she also serves as a great attack buff supplier for many other Genshin Impact characters. If you ever needed a backup Bennett, she’s here.
Kujou Sara is an Electro Bow character from Inazuma. She’ll be featured as a 4-Star on the same Wish Banner as Baal, starting on December 1. Assuming she follows historical trends, she’ll be available on all banners starting in Patch 2.2.
Kujou Sara’s Attack
With the Bow, you can fire up to five fast shots.
When a shot is fully charged, it infuses the arrowhead with Electro. This attack will leave a Crowfeather if fired while in Crowfeather Cover.
While in the air, fires an arrow storm before plummeting to the ground and causing AOE damage.
Kujou Sara’s Abilities
Kujou Sara is ideal for the dual roles of Electro Support and Sub DPS hybrid. She may trigger attack buffs for her allies while also performing destructive Electro assaults. As a result, Kujou Sara has a low Base Attack, but she gains an attack boost from her Ascension stat. Keep that her attack bonus scales with her Base Attack.
To keep the attack bonus active, try to trigger Kujou Sara’s Elemental Skill and Burst as frequently as possible. Whenever possible, replace a weak DPS with a strong one to do massive amounts of damage. Simply try in mind that the various Tengu Juurai effects do not stack, so space them out.
Furthermore, you can utilise Kujou Sara’s Charged Attack to leave behind an additional Crowfeather. Her Charged shots are particularly rapid when she’s under the effect of Crowfeather Cover. This also means that your Kujou Sara build should focus on her Charged Attack rather than her Normal Attack.
Tengu Stormcall (Elemental Skill)
- Triggers an instantaneous retreat at the speed of a tengu (Kujou Sara will reappear a few paces back).
- For 18 seconds, Crowfeather Cover is activated. If Kujou Sara fires a fully-charged Aimed Shot, she will consume Crowfeather Cover, leaving a Crowfeather at the target’s location.
- Crowfeathers will trigger Tengu Juurai: Ambush after a brief pause. This delivers Electro AOE damage and provides an attack bonus to the active character inside its range.
- The Crowfeather bonus to attack is calculated using Kujou Sara’s Base Attack.
- The Attack bonuses from various Tengu Juurai are not cumulative. Their duration and effect are determined by the most recent Tengu Juurai.
Subjugation: Koukou Sendou (Elemental Burst)
- Tengu Juurai: Titanbreaker attack is triggered, dealing AOE Electro damage.
- Tengu Juurai: Titanbreaker is divided into four more Electro attacks (Tengu Juurai: Stormcluster), dealing additional AOE Electro damage.
- Both Tengu Juurai Titanbreaker and Tengu Juurai: Stormcluster provide an attack bonus to the active character (similar to the one triggered by Kujou Sara’s Elemental Skill).
- Attack boosts from multiple Tengu Juurai attacks do not stack, and their effects and duration are controlled by the most recently triggered Tengu Juurai.
Ascension 1 – Immovable Will (Passive 1)
- When Kujou Sara’s Elemental Skill activates the Crowfeather Cover condition, her Aimed Shots require 60% less time to fully charge.
Ascension 4 – Decorum (Passive 2)
- Kujou Sara provides 1.2 Energy to each ally for every 100 percent Energy Recharge she has whenever Tengu Juurai: Ambush hits an opponent.
- The effect can be triggered once every three seconds.
Unlocked Land Survey (Passive 3)
- When Kujou Sara goes on an adventure in Inazuma, the time spent is shortened by 25%.
Best Kujou Sara Build
Keep in mind that Kujou Sara’s Crowfeather attack bonus scales with her Base Attack, therefore weapons with a high Base Attack should be prioritised. A 5-Star Bow, particularly Amos’ Bow, would be the obvious choice, as it will boost her Charged Attack even more.
Of all 4-Star Bows, the Sacrificial Bow is the best fit.. With the highest potential Base Attack for a 4-Star Bow, it offers her the extra Energy Recharge she needs, and allows her to use the Elemental Skill more often.
Although it has a lower Base Attack and a secondary stat that is less suited to Kujou Sara, the Stringless is a viable alternative due to its Elemental Skill and Elemental Burst enhancement.
If you don’t have any of these 4-Star Genshin Impact weapons, you might just choose to go for the Bow with the highest attack stat for the time being.
Amos’ Bow (5-Star) – As a secondary stat, it boosts Attack. Increases Normal and Charged Attack damage as well. After firing a shot, the damage done increases by 0.1 second for every 0.1 second the arrow lingers in the air (up to five times).
Sacrificial Bow (4-Star) – Increased Energy Recharge is granted. It has a chance to reset its own cooldown after dealing damage with an Elemental Skill.
The Stringless (4-Star) – Enhances Kujou Sara’s Elemental Mastery and the damage dealt by her Elemental Skill and Elemental Burst.
Best Kujou Sara Artifacts
Kujou Sara requires a high level of Energy Recharge and an abundance of Attack Power. You may also choose to increase the damage dealt by her Elemental Burst. As a general guideline, focus first on increasing her Energy Recharge to about 160, and then on her attacks.
That still offers plenty of alternatives for your Kujou Sara Artifact build. You can simply go for a 2-piece Gladiator’s Finale set combined with a 2-piece Noblesse Oblige (hybrid DPS/Support), or instead choose for the 4-piece Noblesse Oblige (more towards Support) (more towards Support). If you’d like to merely spam her Elemental Burst, the Emblem of Severed Fate Artifact set will be your best buddy.
Some players may want to employ Kujou Sara as their primary DPS. In that situation, the Gladiator’s Finale might be combined with a 2-piece Shimenawa’s Reminiscence. It’s still a good idea to increase her Energy Recharge on the Sands of Eon slot.
Emblem of Severed Fate – (2) Increases Energy Recharge by 20%. (4) Elemental Burst damage is increased by 25% of the Energy recharge.
Noblesse Oblige – (2) Increases Elemental Burst damage by 20%. (4) After using an Elemental Burst, all allies’ attack power is increased by 20% for a duration of 12 seconds.
Gladiator’s Finale – (2) Grants an 18% Attack increase.
Shimenawa’s Reminiscence– (2) Attack is increased by 18%.
Best Team for Kujou Sara
- Top Tier Team
- Main DPS: Keqing/Beidou/Razor (C6 Electro Team), Eula, any 5-Star Pyro DPS
- Sub DPS: Kazuha/Sucrose, Fischl, Mona
- Sub DPS/Support: Kujou Sara, Baal (Energy Recharge, Elemental Resonance), Xingqiu (Electro-Charged)
- Support: Diona, Jean, Zhongli
- Budget Team
- Main DPS: Beidou, Xinyan, Kaeya (if nothing else)
- Sub DPS: Lisa, Xiangling
- Sub DPS/Support: Kujou Sara
- Support: Barbara, Noelle
- Talent Level-Up Material: Teachings/Guide/Philosophies of Elegance
- Common Ascension Material: Damaged/Stained/Ominous Mask
- Weekly Material: Ashen Heart