The new Netflix drama “Squid Game” has already taken over our television screens, and a similar social media challenge is now taking over TikTok. But don’t worry, you can attempt this one at home.
Since its launch in this September, the South Korean drama Squid Game has held the number one slot on Netflix. The show follows a group of cash-strapped working-class folks as they participate in schoolyard activities for 45 billion South Korean won (USD $38.5 billion). Of course, the twist is that if they lose a game, they die. Fortunately, TikTokers have removed the potentially lethal repercussions in order to create this viral challenge.
In the second task, competitors are given a piece of caramelised sugar sweet known as a “dalgona candy” in South Korea. With a catch, they must separate a shape — such as a circle, star, or even an umbrella — from the fragile snack without breaking the shape itself, all while under time constraints. Participants who shatter the shape will lose the game and eliminated from the games.
What is the Squid Game cookie trend on TikTok?
Korean TikTokers recognised the cookie as Dalgona or Bbopgi. It’s a sugary, toffee-like confection created using baking soda. It has an image stamped into it, just like the Netflix series. For enjoyment, children in Korea frequently eat around the picture without breaking the biscuit.
TikTok fans are learning how to create the iconic Korean dessert and playing the game inspired by the television show.
TikTok users have been posting instructions for making the candy on the app.
It is very easy to make anyone can do it
- 2 tablespoon crystal sugar
- ¼ baking soda
- 2 tablespoon of sugar should be heated over high heat, stirring frequently to avoid burning, until the mixture turns a pale yellow colour.
- Add a small pinch of baking soda and continued to stir gently over the heat.
- When both ingredients have been well combined, they will become gooey. Place the mixture on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Press a shape into the top of the Dalgona candy with a cookie cutter and set aside to harden.
Now Your Dalgona Candy or Squid Game cookie enjoy this sweet with your family and you are ready for your next TikTok challenge.
Squid Game Season 1 is available to stream on Netflix now.
- ‘SQUID GAME’ SEASON 2 – Netflix Release Date, Cast, Plot & What to Expect
- Download Full HD Squid Game Meme Image
- What are the Six Deadly games in Squid Game – Full Detail about Squid Game deadly games
- Meet Squid Game’s ‘Park Hae Soo’ – Man Who Played ‘SANG WOO’ Character – Player Number 218 – Wiki , Bio, Height, Weight, Profile, Net Worth
- Squid Game character Name, Player Number, Real name, Images
- Squid Game Doll Saying Korean & English Lyrics
- Download Full HD or 4K Squid Games Wallpaper & Poster
What Episode Is The Cookie Episode In The Squid Game?
This was 3rd episode of the Squid Game Season 1.
What does dalgona candy taste like?
Taste like sweet swsponge toffee-like sugar candy