Lost Ark is a popular game published recently. Since its release in Europe and North America, the game has encountered numerous troubles. His game is now available for free on Steam for PC users. Now, several PC players are claiming that their PCs are crashing during the Lost ARK starting process.
Suppose you’re having any of the following troubles with your Lost Ark. In that case, you can continue reading this post until the conclusion to learn about all possible solutions. We conducted extensive research and discovered some quick and easy solutions to the Lost Ark Crashing, Freezing, Black Screen, or Not Launching issue. Therefore, let us glance down to obtain all of the solutions.
What is Lost Ark?
Lost Ark is a massively multiplayer online action role-playing game based in a 2.5-dimensional isometric fantasy world (MMOARPG). Smilegate RPG, a subsidiary of Smilegate dedicated to game development, and Tripod Studio collaborated on it. It was fully published in the South Korean region on November 12, 2018. The game was released by Amazon Games on February 11, 2022, in Europe and North America.
Lost Ark won six-game prizes at the 2019 Korea Game Prizes across multiple categories. The development of the game cost $85.4 million. It is currently only available for Microsoft Windows. The game is available exclusively for Microsoft Windows (PC).
Lost Ark Keeps Crashing PC
Since the game’s release in Europe and North America, it has seen numerous troubles, including in-game issues, server issues, and PC crashes. The game developer team is resolving these issues by placing the server into maintenance mode to ensure they are all resolved, clean, and playable.
Due to the game’s recent release, these types of flaws are unavoidable. I’m hoping the developer team will address the issues as soon as possible. They announced that the server maintenance has been completed and that all servers were now operational.
Let’s have a look at some of the possible solutions to the Lost Ark Keeps Crashing issue.
How to Fix Lost Ark Crashing at Launch on PC?
Consult the System Requirements and compatibility information for the Windows operating system version you are running. According to the official requirements, the game requires a Windows 10 64-bit system. If you currently have Windows 7, you will need to upgrade to Windows 10 to play.
- Processor: Intel Core i3 / AMD Ryzen 3
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 460
- Storage: 50 GB+ available space
- Processor: 64-bit and operating system
- OS: Windows 10 64-bit
- DirectX: Version 9.0c or higher (2010 June)
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Additional Notes: Internet connection required to play, offers in-game purchases.
Close unnecessary background programs
Background applications may cause Lost Ark to crash. Alternatively, these apps may use the resources necessary for the game, reducing the game’s performance. You can try terminating the processes via the Task Manager and see if it resolves the issue. This is how:
- To open the Task Manager, press Ctrl, Shift, and Esc simultaneously.
- Locate the processes that are consuming resources within the Processes tab. End the process by right-clicking it.
PS: Some programs have been identified as interfering with Steam games. If you’re unsure which apps appear to have caused the problem, feel free to consult the list below and perform a system scan.
- Anti-virus software
- Anti-spyware applications
- VPN-related software
- Clients for peer-to-peer (P2P) networks
- Applications for video/voice conferencing
- Applications that utilize streams
- Programs for IP filtering/blocking
Relaunch Lost Ark to verify that the crash issue has been resolved. If the issue remains, proceed to the next repair.
Verify Steam Game Files Integrity
- Activate the Steam client.
- Conduct a library search for Lost Ark.
- Select it with the right-click menu and select Properties.
- Select Local files.
- Select Verify the integrity of the game’s files.
- Allow sufficient time for the verification procedure to complete.
- Restart the game to determine whether the fault persists.
Update your graphics driver
Lost Ark‘s crash could indicate a driver issue, as the most recent GPU drivers are required for video games. If your graphics driver is out of date or defective, game performance may suffer, and you may encounter errors and crashes.
There are two methods for maintaining an up-to-date graphics card driver. One option is to update it manually via Device management. Due to the fact that Windows does not always identify the most recent available update, you may need to conduct a search on the manufacturer’s website. Ascertain that the driver you select is compatible with your Windows version.
Allow Lost Ark through your Antivirus and Firewall
Allow the game to run in your antivirus program or disable it and the firewall while you play.
Lost Ark Gameplay
Although Lost Ark is mostly a PvE and exploration game with questing, achievement/collectible hunting, crafting, and other activities, it also contains PvP components. Players begin by customizing their character, who can then continue through the story by leveling up. After reaching level 50, a character has access to tiered endgame dungeons and raids, after which all subsequent progress is controlled by the player’s gear score.
Lost Ark Keeps Crashing-FAQs
1) What is Lost Ark?
Lost Ark is a massively multiplayer online action role-playing game based in a 2.5-dimensional isometric fantasy world (MMOARPG).
2) When did Lost Ark released in Europe and North America?
The game was released on February 11, 2022 in Europe and North America.
3) How to fix the Lost Ark Keeps Crashing by check the System files ?
- Opening the Start Menu on Desktop
- Type “CMD” on the search bar
- A black dialog box will appear on the screen after selecting the ‘Command propt’
- Press enter after inputting the command “sfc /scannow”
- Windows will fix the issue by downloading the correct files if it finds any corrupted files.
4) What are the The System requirements for the Lost Ark game?
- OS: Windows 10 (64-bit only)
- Processor: Intel i3 or AMD Ryzen 3
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 / AMD HD6850
- DirectX: Version 9.0c
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Storage: 50 GB available space