Tonight on Bar Rescue, Jon Taffer and his team are in Tarpon Springs, Florida, where they’re working to save The Bridge Lounge from closing down for good. Anna Cladakis, engaged to PGA Tour player Jon Daly, is a co-owner of The Bridge Lounge. In the aftermath of BP’s oil leak, a local fisherman’s tavern suffered $4,000 in monthly losses.
Is The Bridge Lounge still open?
Yes, it’s “Open”
- Episode Title: “We’re Gonna Need a Bigger Boat”
- Episode No.: Season 4 Episode 53 (Season 4 5th Set Episode 8)
- Episode Air Date: May 15, 2016.
- Episode Was Filmed: December 2015.
- The Bar’s Original Name Was: The Bridge Lounge.
- The Bar’s New Name: The Bridge: A Local’s Bar.
- The Bridge Lounge Address: 1056 N Pinellas Ave, Tarpon Springs, FL 34689, United States.
If you’re reading this, then I succeeded! Keep reading see what happens to The Bridge Lounge AKA The Bridge: A Local’s Bar.
The Bridge Lounge was initially owned by Bill Cladakis, who died in 2015. His son Manny took over the running of the bar after his father’s death. The bar had lost 75% of its income and clientele due to the BP Oil Spill. Jon looks at their inventory room and says they should have about $4,000, but they have about $22,000.
The bar has about $15,000 worth of dead stock in the inventory room. Jon makes Gary get the paint when he says the color is in the building. Phil shows the staff some flair tricks with pouring drinks. Phil says every drink made in tonight’s stress test needs to be done with the long pour.
Jon says he gave the guests a fishing weight to put in a container for the excellent experience or bad. Jon says if the lousy experience container weighs more than seven pounds, then the bar is sinking.
During the stress test, the wait time is up to 20 minutes. Gary is still not doing anything and is standing around. The next morning Jon sits with the family to discuss Gary’s departure. Manny says that he is going to move forward without Gary in the bar. The bar has been renamed and is now called The Bridge: A Local’s Bar.
The construction crew even added a boat to the side of the building that they named after Bill. 8,000 cars drive by every day, and many of them may remember their dad as they drive past. On relaunch, everything is going smoothly, and the energy in the bar is excellent. Customers love the new drinks and food offerings. Jon says his work is done, and he hugs the family.
Recent Customer Reviews after the Bar Rescue Episode:
The Bridge Lounge Google Review
- “Awesome karaoke! The bartender, Jen is awesome! Come get your sing on!”
- “Great local bar. Great karaoke! The sound system is awesome. There is a nice stage, plenty of seating,good drink prices and friendly staff.”
- “Drove over an hour just to go there today, hours listed 10 am – 2am, to find it not open at 11:30 am and still not open at 1pm.”
- “Go here if you want someone to back into your car and drive off. You’d think the owner of the bar would be cooperative with providing footage from their cameras, but nope!! Don’t trust the parking lot at this place cause you’re vehicle will get pretty messed up.”
Google Ratings 4/5
The Bridge Lounge Yelp Review
- “After a long day of visiting Buckingham Palace and the London Eye, we stopped at the Bridge Lounge for some local food, and boy were we pleasantly surprised! The service was awesome and the food was great! I highly recommend it!”
- “Cool, crowded on the ground floor, less so on the first with a fabulous view of Tower Bridge. Waitress service in the spacious open lounge upstairs too. Trendy enough to be a bar rather than a pub, but they still sell proper beer.”
- There aren’t many negative reviews available online.
Yelp Ratings 4/5
My Review on The Bridge Lounge 🤔
The drag show is amazing, and the drinks are good, despite its small size.
What Happened Next at The Bridge Lounge
- Jon Taffer changed the name of The Bridge Lounge to The Bridge: A Local’s Bar.
- After six weeks, the bar has made a total of $32,403 in sales.
- Manny continues to run the pub without the help of management.
- The majority of their back stock has been sold.
- The Bridge: A Local’s Bar is open.
Bar Rescue has been working with John Daly and Anna Cladakis to makeover The Bridge Lounge. Most of the reviews are positive, with many commenting on how welcoming the bar feels to locals. In the bar, some patrons have expressed displeasure with the smell of smoke, but the severity of the issue has yet to be determined. Before the makeover, there weren’t many bar reviews, so it’s unclear if the business was prolonged.