Summit House Grill and Tap in Lakewood, Colorado was featured on season 5 (2nd set) of Bar Rescue. The bar appeared as a rescue candidate back in February 2017 but closed around July 2018 because of renovations which were actually done for their previous restaurant that also went out about one year earlier than this one did – September 2017? I’m not sure what happened because they don’t seem like the type people who would just shutter giving no warning!
Is Summit House Grill And Tap still open?
No, it’s “Close”
- Episode Title: “I Know What You Did Last Summit”
- Episode No.: Season5 Episode 15 (Season 5 2nd Set Episode 2)
- Episode Air Date: February 26, 2017
- Episode Was Filmed: September 2016
- The Bar’s Original Name Was: Summit House Grill And Tap
- The Bar’s New Name: Summit House Grill And Tap
- Summit House Grill And Tap Address: 14285 W Colfax Ave, Lakewood, CO 80401, United States
If you’re reading this, then I succeeded! Keep reading see what happens to Summit House Grill And Tap.
Summit House Grill and Tap are owned by Josh and Alexia Lubliner. Josh was a financial manager for about 10-years. Alexia worked in information technology. The bar is losing $4,500 a month, with a total debt of $750,000. Alexia says Josh has given up on everything.
Josh realized something had to give and made a call to Bar Rescue. Jon Taffer has asked Alexia to join him in his car during the recon. He asks her about the history of their bar. She says they borrowed $250,000 from his parents’ retirements accounts. Because of the city ordinances, Jon can’t change anything about the exterior of the bar.
Alexia says she thinks Josh doesn’t treat the staff well and that his negativity is infectious.Josh is very obviously insulting the customers in the bar. Josh is also swearing at his staff and is getting physical with them. Alexia goes into the bar to talk to Josh but he’s blames everything on her. Jon walks in and pours the rest of Josh’s drink on him. Jon scolds Josh for his behavior tonight. ravis kicks Josh out of the bar.
Alexia says that Josh drinks on the job, hits on other women, and how he treats the staff are the reasons the bar is the way it is. Over the last weekend, the bar has lost $3,900 total in sales, and $204,000 in a year. Summit House Grill and Tap is ready for reopening after remodeling.
Josh, the bar manager, says the bar has a breath of new life following the remodel. The kitchen is slammed, but they are handling it very well. The food looks and tastes great, with it being sent out in about ten minutes. Josh hasn’t had a drink and is helping with the bar. Josh tells Jon thank you for his help and hugs him.
Recent Customer Reviews after the Bar Rescue Episode:
Summit House Grill And Tap Google Review
- “Great place, great atmosphere, and friendly wait staff. I’ve been a couple times, will be back lots more. All their food is fresh and made from scratch. It’s a nice change from the everyday place.”
- “Great cocktails and food. Its a great atmosphere and they have usb plugs to charge your phone under the bar top. So smart.”
- “Nobody acknowledged when we first walked in… took about 30 minutes before the waiter took our order and the food took forever to come out. Waiter didn’t even ask if we needed anything and by the time we were ready to pay the waiter took another 30 minutes to check us out. Terrible service”
- “Service is terrible. Solo travelor. Lounge 1/3 full. Sat for 15 minutes. Did some email, checked the news, then left since no one even offered a drink let alone food.”
Google Ratings 3.6/5
Summit House Grill And Tap Yelp Review
- “Keep coming back here, the sliders on happy hour are great, as well as some of he best fish tacos around.”
- “Great food, good atmosphere, 24 local beers. What more could you ask for. Good service does not hurt, and they got that too.”
- “Service was awful and the resturant was not very clean.The food was ok, but it is definitely a bar atmosphere versus a family eating eastablishment.”
- “We were there last night for the ” bar rescue” relaunch and we will never ever go back. This was one of the worst displays at pretending to know how to run a bar. Service was TERRIBLE. The saddest thing to watch was this show try to create this bar that was being successful and it was the most FAKE thing I have ever seen in my entire life!!!!”
Yelp Ratings 3/5
My Review on Summit House Grill And Tap 🤔
Place was decent. Had a steak that was cooked to my liking. There was some kind of confrontation between two employees resulting in some profanity. There were kids clearly in-ear shot-maybe not the most professional. I would probably go again.
What Happened Next at Summit House Grill And Tap
- Jon Taffer kept the name Summit House Grill And Tap.
- Six weeks later, Jon remains sober and the bar is successful.
- Summit House Grill And Tap closed in July 2018.
- They closed for renovations and failed to reopen.
News & Update on Summit House Grill And Tap
- The Bar Rescue makeover happened in September 2016.
- Denver Business Journal link to a court case against Josh Lubliner filed in September 2018.
- Denver West Village LP owns the mall area where Summit House Grill and Tap was located.
- Summit House Grill And Tap is permanently closed.
I’ve been trying to figure out why Summit House Grill and Tap closed, but all that is left for me now are questions. As I read through these court documents from September 2018 where Josh Lubliner sued his landlord over unpaid rent with Denver Business Journal as evidence in their case against him; it’s clear someone should have known better than this!