On the fourth season of Bar Rescue, P’s and Q’s Autobody in Huntington, New York, was featured as a business. After long-time bartender Michael Matarazzo purchased the pub, it closed in October 2018. The pub was renamed Repeal XVIII when he bought it.
Is P’s and Q’s Autobody still open?
No, it’s “Close”
- Episode Title: “Bug Bite”
- Episode No.: Season 4 Episode 1 (Season 4 1st Set Episode 1)
- Episode Air Date: October 5, 2014
- Episode Was Filmed: April 2014
- The Bar’s Original Name Was: Artful Dodger.
- The Bar’s Name After Jon Traffer Visit: P’s and Q’s Autobody
- The Bar’s New Name: Repeal XVIII.
- P’s and Q’s Autobody Address: 30 New St, Huntington, NY 11743, United States.
If you’re reading this, then I succeeded! Keep reading see what happens to P’s and Q’s Autobody.
Artful Dodger is owned by Mike Conforti. Mike lost his job in sales and used his savings to buy the nightclub. Mike is around $150,000 in total debt and that in two months he’ll be out of business. The bar is very gross and there are flies in the drinks. The stress test for tonight is to be an 18 and over night.
Bartenders Mike and Brian put Sharpie Xs on customers under 21 and pink wristbands on those over 21. After 45 minutes, Jon tells them to shut the bar down for the night. jon brings in his experts Jessie and Phil and introduces them to the staff. Phil says that the bartender’s skills are not up to par. Phill show them some drinks they will be adding to the new menu.
He shows them the Bootician and the P’s and Q’s Ginger. Jessie continues to show them customer service skills. She has them practice with each other. Mike tells the staff that he’s proud of everyone there. Brian says that he’s excited to promote the new concept. Jon begins remodel on the bar.
The next morning, Jon meets with the staff to introduce the new concept for the bar. Artful Dodge has been renamed and is now called P’s and Q’s Auto Body. Jon put in a Revention POS system to help track sales. On relaunch, the customers say that this bar is way classier now.
They’re glad that there are no more 18-year-olds running around the bar. Jon says that Mike and Brian believe in each other again and they’re working together a lot better than before. He says that now it’s time for them to make some money.
Recent Customer Reviews after the Bar Rescue Episode:
P’s and Q’s Autobody Google Review
- “Very cool choices in this place. Good prices. The seats at the bar are quite low making it a bit awkward but I guess that’s some kind of bar science. We were her for a St. Paddy’s day pub crawl.”
- “This is by far the classiest, coolest and the most sophisticated bar not just in Huntington but Suffolk County. Awesome menu and terrific service. I’ve been to many bars on Long Island and this one is one of the best.”
- not such negative comments yet!
Google Ratings 4.1/5
Repeal XVIII Yelp Review
- “Very upscale and spacious bar. We went for happy hour and the well drinks were delicious. The bartender really knew what he was doing and taught me a lot about alcohol and what to drink to try and avoid headaches ! Very helpful and happy experience. I would 100% go again. Also, they do private parties in the back area with a private bar.”
- “Came here for a cocktail after my friends bday dinner. Really cute spot with nice old fashioned drinks.”
- “Extremely creepy vibe from bouncers, letting any age women, but guys who are of age can’t get in unless you’re 23 is very predatory move on their end.”
- “Pictures are deceiving online. There is a live band as opposed to a dj… No one likes a live band. Very tiny. Everyone is on top of each other, no space for walking around and bartenders are very slow.”
Yelp Ratings 4.6/5
My Review on P’s and Q’s Autobody 🤔
Very cool chill vibe with occasional live music and an awesome back area! Great for a small group to have a calm night out.
What Happened Next at P’s and Q’s Autobody
- Jon Taffer changed the name of Artful Dodger to P’s and Q’s Autobody.
- Six weeks later, sales have gone up at least 30%.
- They briefly closed from March 2015 to May 2016 due to a fire in a nearby building.
- Artful Dodger / P’s and Q’s Autobody closed in October 2018.
- The bar was bought by bartender Michael was renamed to Repeal XVIII. Repeal XVIII is open.
|Tue||4:30 PM – 1:00 AM (Next day)|
|Wed||4:30 PM – 1:00 AM (Next day)|
|Thu||4:30 PM – 1:00 AM (Next day)|
|Fri||4:30 PM – 3:00 AM (Next day)|
|Sat||4:30 PM – 3:00 AM (Next day)|
|Sun||12:00 PM – 1:00 AM (Next day)|