Tonight’s Bar Rescue episode finds Jon Taffer and company in Sunnyside, New York, attempting to rescue Jack’s Ale House. The tavern is owned by three brothers who are unable to stop arguing. The tavern was passed down to them by their father, and they recently renovated it to rename it Jack’s Ale House.
Is Jack’s Fire Department still open?
Yes, it’s “Open”
- Episode Title: “Anything You Can Yell, I Can Yell Louder”
- Episode No.: Season 4 Episode 5 (Season 4 1st Set Episode 5)
- Episode Air Date: November 2, 2014
- Episode Was Filmed: May/June 2014
- The Bar’s Original Name Was: Jack’s Ale House.
- The Bar’s New Name: Jack’s Fire Department
- Jack’s Fire Department Address: 39-46 Skillman Ave, Sunnyside, NY 11104, United States.
If you’re reading this, then I succeeded! Keep reading see what happens to Jack’s Fire Department AKA Jack’s Ale House.
Jack’s Ale House is owned by firefighting brothers Brian and Jimmy McGowan. In 2011, they shut the bar down to renovate it. Now, the financial pressures threaten to tear the family apart. They are $400,000 in debt and are only six months away from closing for good. Helene, their mother, really wants Jon’s help. The McGowan brothers have agreed to make a call for help to Bar Rescue.
So, helping them, Jon and his team visit their bar. For the bar, Jon brings in expert bartender Russell Davis and for the kitchen, Jon brings in renowned chef Vic Vegas. Russel shows them when to ask customers if they want another drink. Vic shows the cook that you need to wear not one but two gloves at all times. Jon wants to see how the staff can handle stress tests.
During the stress test, the bar is getting very chaotic, and Jimmy is getting angry. Now, the kitchen is up to 20 minutes for quesadillas and Jimmy is drinking behind the bar. Basically, the stress test was totally mess. After they close for stress test, and Jon meets with the staff to discuss what happened. Jon says they will talk this out with Jimmy tomorrow.
The next morning, Jon meets with the brothers. Jimmy admits that he’s overwhelmed. He shows them drinks that will be added to the new menu, including the Firelord and the Family Rekindle. Vic shows them recipes that will be added to the new menu, including the Jacked-Up Grilled Cheese Challenge.
The next evening, Jon meets with the staff to show them their new bar. Jack’s Ale House has been renamed and is now called Jack’s Fire Department. The bar looks incredible inside and out. There is a draft beer system and a POS system out on the patio. Jon installed a game called Whip Out Your Hose by the urinals. Jack’s Fire Department opens up for the first time since remodeling.
On relaunch, both the customers and the staff are so excited to be in this bar. The brothers’ and staff’s attitudes are much better. Christine says that Jimmy was more supportive tonight and that she hopes it stays this way. Jon hugs the brothers and says that his work is done.
Recent Customer Reviews after the Bar Rescue Episode:
Jack’s Fire Department Google Review
- “This place has one of the most under-rated burgers in the US. Honestly, i had tried burgers in different states and countries and they have one of the best.”
- “Excellent food, excellent drink, and excellent prices. Visited here twice while in New York, the woman that served us was very nice and helpful”
- “not such negative comments yet!”
Google Ratings 4.5/5
Jack’s Fire Department Yelp Review
- “Great place to chill the bartender is amazing food and drinks are good . Great place to chill after work”
- “Didn’t expect it but, Jack’s Fire Dept was certainly terrific. Clean and a great crowd! Every thing was fresh, flavorful, and extremely delicious. The team is very courteous too. Jack’s Fire Dept is so good.”
- “Very disappointed…. Very rude service, given absolutely no respect here, will never ever come back”
- “Came out of my way after the Giants/Chargers game. Called a few times and no answer. Finally got through and asked which bus runs nearby. They didn’t understand and as I tried to explain the call was dropped. I decided to head over anyways via Uber. Ended up arriving to a place that was closed. I’ve tried calling several more times and still no answer. I won’t be coming back here.”
Yelp Ratings 3/5
My Review on Jack’s Fire Department 🤔
The quality of the food and beverages is far too high. A pleasant spot to relax and unwind. The employees’ demeanor is commendable, and I’ve been treated well by them.
What Happened Next at Jack’s Fire Department
- Sales have increased by threefold in the intervening six weeks.
- Jimmy and Christine are happy in their marriage.
- Jimmy experiences tension, but he keeps it contained and not blows up.
- In an episode of Back to the Pub, the Tubridy family returned to the bar and everything had remained the same.
News & Update on Jack’s Fire Department
- Jon Taffer changed the name from Jack’s Ale House to Jack’s Fire Department.
- Here is Jack’s Facebook page which is kept up-to-date, and Jack’s website, which both still say Jack’s Ale House.
- Jack’s Fire Department is still open. Monday to Wednesday 2:00 pm – 12:00 am; Thursday to Friday 2:00 pm – 2:00 am; Saturday 11:00 am – 2:00 am ; Sunday 11:00 am – 12:00 am.
- For Location Click Here.
It appears that Bar Rescue’s work on the bar has been preserved by Jack’s, and the local community appears to be behind them and wants to see them flourish. The only review expressed dissatisfaction with the crowd and service but praised the renovations.