Tonight, Jon Taffer and the Bar Rescue crew are in Santa Clarita, California, to try to save Grinders Sports Bar. The proprietors decided to buy a pizzeria for $77,000 and turn it into a bar, but the city refused to authorize their modifications, and they have been threatened with closure. During the improvements, they spent $100,000 on negotiating with the city. They’re also losing $2,500 per month and have a total debt of over $250,000
Is The Cajun Belle still open?
No, it’s “Close”
- Episode Title: “Demolition Man”
- Episode No.: Season 4 Episode 51 (Season 4 5th Set Episode 7)
- Episode Air Date: May 1, 2016
- Episode Was Filmed: January 2016.
- The Bar’s Original Name Was: Grinders
- The Bar’s New Name: The Cajun Belle.
- The Cajun Belle Address: 18283 Soledad Canyon Rd, Canyon Country, CA 91387, United States.
If you’re reading this, then I succeeded! Keep reading see what happens to The Cajun Belle AKA Grinders.
Jon recons the bar with expert Mixologist Daniel Ponsky and talented chef Tiffany Derry. Jon discovers that Grinders bar has been open for six weeks, and nobody is in the kitchen. Lindsay and Sheridan order food but are waiting for 12-minutes for it to be served.
Daniel Ponsky and Tiffany Derry say they don’t use mixing cups or a workstation. Jon decides to walk into the bar now. Jon says that this bar has code violations and that he needs to go in with his team to see the actual state of the bar. Daniel puts a step counter on Sterling and asks her to make him a margarita, and it takes him 53 steps.
Tiffany wants to make a menu based on pizza since the kitchen already has a pizza oven. Jon says tonight’s stress test is to make Dave prove himself. They are only allowing 35 people in the bar due to the limits caused by the city. Customers have been waiting for around 15-minutes. The food is moving fairly quickly, but the bar is struggling.
The stress test is over. The next morning, Jon talks about his plans to add more southwestern pizzas. Daniel shows them drinks like the Bayou Bloody Marry and the Voodoo Rodeo. Before Jon changes the bar, he wants to make sure Dave wants it.
After talking about the bar, Jon begins renovation on the bar. The bar is fully functioning now. Food is going out smoothly to the customers. There is not a long wait time, and it looks fantastic. Grinders have been renamed The Cajun Belle. They open up for the first time since renovating.
Recent Customer Reviews after the Bar Rescue Episode:
The Cajun Belle Google Review
- “Love this bar! More for a chill crowd. Definitely the place if you want to avoid the raucous of young 20 somethings. Food is phenomenal! The wings and pizza are the best! Try this place out.”
- “I love visiting here. The staff was very sociable and kind. Prices were decent. Feeling here is similar to a place in Columbus I liked.”
- “The place was amazing until the stupid ass boss fired carrie, the most amazing bartender ever. She brought personality and fun to an otherwise boring place. Now id be surprised if the place has any customers. We will all go to wherever Carrie ends up bartending.”
Google Ratings 3.9/5
The Cajun Belle Yelp Review
- “Kewl dive bar. More talking with people than blaring music. Fewer TVs so easier to RELATE to the folks around you. Beer selection is good. I enjoy the time there.”
- “If you’re looking for a high-end bar in SCV this is not the place but if you’re looking for a really cool neighborhood bar with excellent food and friendly service then you have to try The Cajun Belle. On most Saturdays they bring in live music and I think they have a karaoke night but you shouldn’t wait for special events because Stacey, the owner/bartender, is so sweet and is always willing to talk hockey or life.”
- “I would be a fool to go back on a good day for your wings when everyday should be a fresh day. I cherish my food life and health. No thanks Jessica…I will pass. No need to reply.”
- “This place sucked! So different inside in comparison to their website. Bartender didnt even know how to make a cosmo. She had customers using google in order to know how to make it. I was embarrassed for her. We left after one drink. It was a dump! Do not go!”
Yelp Ratings 4/5
My Review on The Cajun Belle 🤔
Sterling and Stacey are fantastic! Chicken wings must be ordered!!! The combination of lemon and pepper is fantastic.
What Happened Next at The Cajun Belle
- Jon Taffer changed the name of Grinders to The Cajun Belle.
- Food and beverage revenues have climbed by 35% in six weeks.
- Because of the renovations performed during the episode, the city is finally off their backs.
- In an interview, Jessica said that they had returned the board games and arcade games, combining their ideas with Jon’s modifications.
- In September 2017, Dave sold the tavern to a new owner.
News & Update on The Cajun Belle
The Cajun Belle’s name has remained the same, and the bar’s improvements have been merged with their own ideas, but the logo has been altered. Since the redesign, the evaluations have been overwhelmingly good, and it appears that the bar’s major challenge was dealing with the city of Santa Clarita. The proprietors are pleased with the transformation and claim that if Bar Rescue hadn’t intervened, the business would have closed.